“Democrats are trying to sneak in a nationalized ballot harvesting regime, meaning that political operatives in every state would now be able to come to a voter’s house to pick up their ballot and deliver it to the polling location,”
Rep. Rodney Davis (R-IL) said about one of five major election reforms included in Pelosi’s “Take Responsibility for Workers and Families Act of 2020” (TRWFA).
BALLOT HARVESTING IN VOTE-BY-MAIL STATES
Ballot harvesting, AKA vote harvesting, is nothing new in Vote-By-Mail states. The bill passed by the US Senate on Wednesday would mandate it NATIONWIDE.
Ballot harvesting is where Democrat operatives go door to door, place to place, offering to deliver ballots for others. Of course, this is only possible with vote-by-mail and absentee voting. It saves the voter from taking his/her ballot to drop-off locations, or using two stamps & walking to his mailbox.
The elderly are more susceptible to this scheme than others. If you are a registered Republican, which is public record, the “helpful” Democrat operative who takes your ballot will throw it away. If you are a registered Democrat your ballot will make it to the election office. This writer wonders how Dems handle ballots from Non-Affiliated Voters, who now make up a significant part of the electorate.
Ballot harvesting is already legal in some state, such as Oregon & California,** and has been outlawed by some, such as Texas & Colorado. If Trump signs the bill that passed the Senate, ballot harvesting will be legal in every state, regardless of state law.
BALLOT HARVESTING HELPS DEMS IN NOVEMBER
In theory, both parties can take advantage of this fraud. However, will Republicans be involved in lying as the naïve voter hands over his ballot? Some surely will. Will GOP leaders be forced to set up teams to collect ballots in Democrat precincts and throw them away, just to compete equally with Democrats? That remains to be seen.
Democrats have been working on increasing ballot harvesting state by state** for decades. They were waiting and waiting for an excuse to implement this fraud nationwide. [That is, “Don’t let a crisis go to waste,” said Obama’s Chief of Staff.] Little concerned for the health of Americans, the COVID-19 crisis was the perfect time to demand these election “reforms,” as well as other Leftist dreams.+
CAN’T WAIT UNTIL 2022! WITHOUT ELECTION “REFORMS” TRUMP WILL WIN RE-ELECTION!
Democrats have been fighting against state Voter ID laws for decades. Why? When identification is required in order to vote, Democrats believe there will be fewer votes for Dem candidates. In other words, Democrats think illegal voters, such as aliens, unregistered people, felons and children are more likely to vote Dem than for GOP.
States will need to scramble to comply with this mandate in time for the November election. Indeed, it is likely that some will be unable to implement the mandates in time. It would have been more reasonable to put a 2022 deadline in the bill.
Diane L. Gruber
* In addition to making ballot harvesting a national requirement, the House Democrats’ election reforms include requiring polling places to be within walking distance of public transportation, outlawing voter IDs, allowing high school students to be poll watchers, and allowing ballots to be cast from any location.
** Oregon, Washington, Colorado, Hawaii and California already have vote-by-mail. California implemented STATEWIDE vote-by-mail just months ago, in time to steal the 2020 presidential election. Numerous states have liberal absentee voting rules that result in significant de facto voting-by-mail.
+ Here is an outline of the details of the $2 trillion package, the largest in U.S. history:
- Direct payments of $1,200 to most individuals making up to $75,000, or $2,400 for couples making up to $150,000. Each dependent child increases the amount by an additional $500. The amount decreases for individuals with incomes above $75,000, and payments cut off for those above $99,000.
- Expanded unemployment benefits that boost the maximum benefit by $600 per week and provide laid-off workers their full pay for four months. Eligibility is extended to independent contractors and the self-employed.
- $367 billion in loans for small businesses
- $150 billion for state and local governments
- $130 billion for hospitals
- $500 billion in loans for larger industries, including $25 billion for passenger airlines; $4 billion for carriers; $3 billion for aviation contractors and $17 billion for “businesses critical to maintaining national security.
- Creation of an oversight board and inspector general to oversee loans to large companies
- Measure prohibiting companies owned by President Trump and his family from receiving federal relief
- $25 million for the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts
- $400 million for election security grants