The plot thickens. Chicago Police have determined Jussie Smollett helped stage an attack on himself because he was being written out of the show “Empire”.
Desperate Times Calls For Desperate Measures. Not only did Jussie get Hollywood and the Media behind him, but the American left united against Maga hat wearing Normal Americans. The hatred many Americans felt after Smollett lied is inexcusable.
Smollett & The Media should be sued for defamation of Trump Supporting Americans. These malicious lies by the media and Hollywood should wake up more Trump supporters to come out and fight for 2020.
Report: Jussie Smollett, ‘persons of interest’ staged attack; actor was being written off ‘Empire’
Chicago police reportedly believe two Nigerian men and Jussie Smollett conspired to fake an attack on the “Empire” actor that supposedly involved racist and homophobic slurs and taunts that Chicago was “MAGA country.”
According to Chicago TV station WLS, the two “persons of interest” arrested late Wednesday and Mr. Smollett have been questioned along those lines all day Thursday by the police.
“Multiple sources tell @ABC7Chicago Eyewitness News Jussie Smollet and the 2 men who are being questioned by police staged the attack – allegedly because his character was being written out of the show Empire,” WLS reporter Rob Elgas tweeted.
Earlier Thursday, police said they were questioning the two men, but that they were not considered suspects. Local media reported that one of the men had appeared as an extra on “Empire.” Elgas reported that Smollett did not appear for a scheduled interview on Thursday. Sharp contradicted that, saying Smollett did answer additional police questions in person on Thursday.Variety
Charlie De Mar, a reporter at CBS Chicago, spoke on Thursday with family members of the two men who were being questioned. They told De Mar that the men are brothers from Nigeria. They left for Nigeria on the day of the attack, De Mar reported. The police reportedly asked the family members if they knew Smollett. De Mar posted a search warrant receipt, showing that investigators had found a laptop, shoes, and bleach at the home.
Guglielmi said on Twitter he would not release details of the investigation while the men are being questioned.
“Media reports of investigative details cannot be confirmed at this time,” Guglielmi said.
Smollett’s rep said earlier in the day that he was glad to see progress was being made.
“We are pleased there is progress in the case and are waiting to hear further details,” she said.
Smollett told police on Jan. 29 that he had been accosted at 2 a.m. that morning by two men who yelled racial and homophobic slurs, put a rope around his neck, and doused him in bleach.
On Jan. 30, police released surveillance images of two figures who were in the area at the time of the alleged attack, and described them as “persons of interest” in the case. In an interview on “Good Morning America” on Thursday, Smollett said he was convinced that the two were the attackers.